- Hosted another two gigs (Bar 42 on 27th and The Smugglers Return on 29th)
- Began contacting venues about final charity gig
- Organised all the support bands for 18th May at Bar 42 for which i have designed a poster
- Contacted Luke amor to discuss a press package in promotion of his upcoming EP
- Uploaded proposal/preparation documents to classroom
- Contact Technicolor Limabean about expenses for 18th
- Complete the poster and event page for 18th
- Book a venue for final charity gig in June
- Begin recording solo EP
- Organise and create a press package for Luke Amor’s upcoming EP
- Research and contact music blogs/magazines and radio stations to promote and market Luke Amor’s upcoming EP and also the label
- Follow up with Katie James about new logo
I am sitting here writing this late diary at Barnham station as the trains are royally screwed this morning. Weird how i am late to college writing up a late weekly log huh?
Another two gigs have passed now, the one last Wednesday at Bar 42 which featured Operation Kino, Technicolor Limabean, Dialysis and our own Red Shores. The gig was opened by a band i am starting with the two members of Red Shores called Phantom of Eden, hopefully this is something i can continue with them. Friday’s gig was hosted by The Smugglers Return and featured headline Andy and the Echoes, The Red Smoke, Ellie Niaomh and myself. This gig has probably been the one with the most problems and things which i have talked about in a brief evaluation of the gig.
I talked to Luke Amor who has informed me that his first Ep is nearing completion which is great. Next week i shall need to put together a press package to promote the upcoming EP to radio stations, magazines and music blogs. I plan to also start recording a solo EP of some of my songs i have written which i will start recording today!
I still need to hear from Technicolor Limabean about expenses for 18th which i will follow them up on. I also need to contact Kate James who was designing a logo for me to see how that is going. Hopefully this next month will be more productive in the marketing and promotion side of things!